Covered by a worldwide patent, Kompact is the only staircase with adjustable rise, going, height, depth and rotation. Its total flexibility allows endless configurations, with 1 or 2 one quarter turns (L or U) to fit any space. Click here to download a PDF file detailing the many ways the Kompact can be configured. The Kit comes with 13 risers (12 treads) and internal railing. The going is adjustable between 7 and 8 inches and between 8 and 10 inches depending on configurations. The riser is adjustable between 6 and 9 inches.
Please Note: the measurement values on the configuration tables are reflected in inches and eighths of inches. For example: 75.3 inches = 75 3/8 inches. Also note that the configurator opens in a pop-up window. If you have a pop-up blocker enabled you will need to disable or make an exception for this site.
With the purchase of one or more tread kits you can reach a height of 146 inches. The treads are clear sealed solid beech with metal supports and matching balusters and accessories. The handrail is solid beech. In place of a knee or half wall along your top floor or opening, balcony rail kits of identical materials and finish are available to complete the contemporary appearance of your staircase.
- The 74 and 89 numbers are metric for 29 and 35 inches
- Actual tread length is 27 ½ by 10 ½ deep, or 33 ½ by 12 ¼ deep
- Treads are clear sealed solid beech wood, 1 5/8 inches thick
- Metal is 12 gauge steel
- Handrail is beech wood, 1 ¾ diameter
- Kompact has a support column that is used under tread 5, 6, or 7
- Base attachment and “header” attachment can be mounted into wood or concrete. Anchors for concrete are supplied
- Weight capacity is 1100 pounds
Colors & Installation Types
White Gloss Enamel
Black Gloss Enamel
Grey Powder Coat